A man was sentenced to over 86 years in prison for a triple homicide that occurred in Minneapolis in October 2024, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office said.
Earl Bennett, 42, was sentenced to three counts of murder and will be served consecutively, according to the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office. He was given credit for 478 days already served.
He was also sentenced for illegal firearm possession, which will be served concurrently with the murder sentences.
On October 27, 2024, Minneapolis police responded to a triple shooting at a homeless encampment at 44th Street and Snelling Avenue.
Louis Mitchell Lemons Jr., 32, and Christopher Martell Washington, 38, were pronounced dead on the scene. Samantha Jo Moss, 35, was brought to the hospital and died over a week later.
A witness told police that a man identified as “E” asked to speak with one of the people in a tent before opening fire 10 to 15 minutes after being permitted inside. A surveillance camera captured him leaving the scene on an e-bike.
Authorities claim Bennett shot and badly injured a man earlier that week at a sober living home on Columbus Avenue South. He is charged with one count of attempted first-degree murder in connection with this shooting, and his next court appearance is scheduled for April 17.
Bennett was also shot by St. Paul police several days after the Minneapolis shootings. Authorities claim he pointed a gun at officers, who shot him. He was taken to the hospital and eventually recovered from his injuries. He has been charged with one count of second-degree assault and one count of illegal handgun possession in connection with this event, and he is set to appear in court on March 5.








