The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

Marching Band Schedule

Marching Band members have a full schedule for several months due to practices and other events at school and competitions.

Ridgeline High school, while having the smallest Marching Band in the Valley, also has their Marching Band members working extremely hard on their show and have a very full schedule.  “At this time of year, [Marching Band] takes up a lot of time.” says Naomi Fronk, a drum major in the Ridgeline Marching Band.

October is their busiest month. Naomi Fronk explained, “October gets really busy because we’ve got practice three nights a week, we’ve got football games that we play pep for,  and then we’ve got competitions all day on Saturday’s.”

Alyssa Corbridge, a band member not in the Marching Band, says that the Marching Band definitely has a busy schedule with it taking up a lot of their time.

The Ridgeline Marching Band does not always have practice, they sometimes have a day off. Tuesday’s and Friday’s are the days when it’s much easier on the band members to get their homework done. Usually the band members have to wait until they get home to do their homework. This is while they’re already exhausted from Marching Band practice.

While the band does have a pretty full schedule during the school year, they do also have quite a bit of free time during summer. Since Marching Band mainly takes place during the school year, the members don’t have a lot of practice during summer.