The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

Ridgeline Girls Soccer Senior Night

Ridgeline Girls Soccer Senior Night

Ridgeline girls soccer senior night took place Tuesday night September 26. The team had a pregame ceremony where they had all the seniors walk down the field with their parents. As they walked, the announcers talked about what each player plans to do in the future and funny stories about them. Players were given flowers and gift bags. Throughout the ceremony there were many emotions. Many players were crying as they walked the field while their teammates were cheering them on from the side.

One of the seniors, Sydnee Zollinger, has played soccer her whole life and loves it. When asked about senior night, she said, “It makes me feel accomplished and noticed when they honor me. It helps me come to reality through knowing that I am not going to be playing for much longer.” She also talks about the other seniors saying,”It can be frustrating because on senior night everyone knows just the seniors are going to start but I liked it. Made all the other seniors feel special that night.” She wishes future teammates luck next year when she is gone. Sydnee also loves her life right now and doesn’t want to grow up. When asked about life after high school she quickly responded, “I honestly am not sure what I am going to do yet after high school.”

Ila Webb, a sophomore on the team, plays varsity. She loves playing soccer and being with the team. When asked about her view on senior night, she said “I don’t really care about senior night, but tonight was good.” She goes on saying she loves all the seniors and is glad that they were honored, but it’s just frustrating knowing that just because they are seniors they are going to start over her and get more playing time.

Senior night ended with a win against Bear River. The end score was 4-0. After the game everyone celebrated. Many seniors were seen taking pictures against a propped R with other teammates and family.