The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

All State Choir 2023

All State Choir 2023

Ridgeline’s Rhapsody choir participated in this year’s All State Choir at the Tabernacle at Temple Square on October 7th. The students took a bus down to Salt Lake City on Thursday the 5th to drop off all of their luggage at their hotel, then proceeded to ride the bus to Taylorsville High School to begin rehearsing with all of the other schools from the state of Utah. They rehearsed from 6-9:00 P.M., then all day Friday, then a few more hours on Saturday before their performance. The concert started at 7:30 P.M. on Saturday, and ended around 9:00.

“It was a fun trip, other than singing we got to hang out in the hotel pool and hot tub, and on Saturday between rehearsal and the performance we got to go check out the City Creek mall,” said Thayne Watkins, a member of the Rhapsody choir. When asked what his favorite part of the trip was, he said it was definitely their performance. When asked what his favorite song to sing was, he said it was “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling.” He said he loved it because it was so nice to hear and there were great harmonies in it.

Another student who participated in the choir was Jake Bowen. He sings in the Bass II section. He said one of his favorites to sing was a song called “Duh Tvoy Blagiy,” a Russian song with very low notes and deep harmonies. “‘Duh Tvoy Blagiy’ translates to ‘Let thy good spirit lead me on a level path’, so it’s cool to hear something like that said in Russian.” said Jake. He later mentioned another song called “Awake, My Soul,” and that it was a lot like “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling,” but had more of a brighter feel and tone to it. “All in all, it was a very fun time,” said Jake.