The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

Interior design class

Interior design is an elective class that you can take at Ridgeline High School. It is taught by Alana Lange. The class goes towards an art credit for graduating. It is one of the more popular classes among the students. Here you get to work on all kinds of projects. This class is very hands-on and you will always be doing something creative. Some things that you will learn about in this class are the color scheme and the color wheel, principles of designs, layouts and blueprints, and design methods.

One student, Sydnee Zollinger, currently taking the class said, “My favorite part of this class is definitely all the hands-on work you do and of course Alana is the best teacher at Ridgeline.” Alana has a great relationship with every student and she goes the extra mile to make sure that everyone feels like they are cared about in that class. Sydnee adds that Alana always asks her how her day was everyday and genuinely cares about Sydnee’s response. Another Student, Cam Blotter, said he took the class because “Everyone told him too,” and because he was excited to do all of the art projects.

Interior design is open to be taken throughout the whole year. They end off the trimester with a state test that you must get an 80% or higher to pass. Most students pass this test and they suggest just a few minutes of studying at night will guarantee that you will pass.