The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

Complaints Regarding Ridgeline Parking

Ridgeline students have been very unhappy with the size and space of their parking lot, as well as the traffic in and around it. The amount of students that drive to school has been growing substantially over the past few years, and has just about reached its limit.

Every morning while students and parents are driving/dropping off students to school, they find themselves in a long line behind hundreds of cars, most of them being slowed by construction for the sewage system Millville is putting in. “I have changed my usual route, and now have to go through the small roads of upper Millville/Providence to get to school on time”, says Rhett Fuller, a Ridgeline senior.

The senior class of 2024 is the most affected by this, and have had a lot to say on this subject. A Ridgeline senior, Preston Elsmore shares his reasons for driving to school. “Although I live close, I drive to school every day because I go out to lunch or go home, and I will need my car close in order to get my food and get back in time”. This is one of the main reasons why the parking lot is so full. Students also find that when they get back from lunch, they usually find their spot taken and have to go park in the back of the parking lot.

Construction has been working its way around Millville, and causes many roads to be closed and detours to be made. Students driving to school find their usual route to school to be closed due to construction, which adds more time to their commute. Students are hopeful for a solution soon.