Student of the Week 2/26/2019

Aidan Ross

For the student of the week this week, Austin Nielsen was chosen. I interviewed Austin to get some personal facts and preferences, but more importantly, to get Austin’s story. Austin was born here in Cache Valley and has lived here ever since. He enjoys living in America because of our freedoms, even though we can all take those for granted sometimes. Austin was split between his favorite TV show being the Flash or Arrow, but when it came down to it, Arrow took the cake. His hobbies include video games, football (or exercising of any kind), and listening to music. Austin’s favorite subject is math, because he excels at finding creative solutions to problems. His favorite food is Tiny Spicy Chicken. His favorite animals are dogs, huskies specifically. Austin likes big trucks more than any car, and is particularly fixated on the Chevy Duramax. Austin has a lot of good qualities, and an intriguing spread of interests and hobbies, making him a great selection for Student of the Week.

To figure out more about Austin, I asked him a slightly more trivial question, one that takes more consideration. I asked him if he could live anywhere, where would it be, and why? Austin replied with “Tokyo, because it’s beautiful there and the culture is different from any other place.” This took me by surprise, mainly because most people respond with a place either not far from home, or home itself. Austin chose a place much further away, with a culture virtually worlds away. This told me a lot about Austin, mostly that he has an adventurous spirit, and likes to explore the deeper things in life.

Overall, Austin was a great choice for Student of the Week because he’s very diverse and has a fun spirit. If you ever find yourself talking to Austin, make sure to ask him to elaborate on these topics to find out even more about him