The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

Being on Pep Band

Ridgeline high school Pep Band keeping the games hype

Being in Pep Band is so much more than just performing. It requires lots of practice and patience. A junior here at Ridgeline that plays the Crash Cymbals, Thomas South said “we started practicing before school even started, that’s when we start getting ready.” Lots of practice goes into learning every song the Band plays during events, and to make sure every single instrument does its part to make it sound good all together.

The Pep Band performs in the Schools Pep assemblies, during football games, and at other sports throughout the year. The band plays the school’s fight songs, Ridgeline’s school anthem, and other upbeat songs to keep the energy at games and assemblies as high as possible. The Pep Band plays at games to entertain and create liveliness in the crowds whether it’s the student section or the parents in the crowd.

On game days everyone playing that night meets in the band room a bit before the game to warm up and practice some fight songs to get them down before going out to play for the game. One member of Pep Band, Jett Broadbent, who plays the trumpet, said he absolutely loves it, he loves the kind people in Band and friends he’s made and the positive environment. He went on to say how much he enjoys playing at games. It gives him a way to be a part of the fun and be doing something he loves at the same time. From the student section perspective, the Pep Band members always look like they are having a blast playing their instruments and cheering right along with the cheerleaders.