The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

Snow outlook this winter

Snow outlook this winter

According to “Old Farmers Almanac Winter Forecast” it says that snow is prone to be above average across snow areas. Skiers are going to look for the best resorts. Whether you’re an expert or beginner or you’re looking for a big powder mountain or a mountain with little slopes and lot of easy fun runs there is a place for you. Utah is home to good snow and the best ski resorts around.

The first ski resort will be for those who are considering themselves “experts”. This resort is called Snow Basin. There is around 3000 acres of skiable area, those who know skiing know that this is a lot of space allowing you to do a different run almost the entire day without redoing one. Landon Forsey, a senior at Ridgeline says,“This is my favorite resort because they have four different terrain parks where other resorts usually only have one or two, and I love terrain parks.” There are 104 total runs on this mountain, which is a ridiculous amount of runs. There are 12 total lifts that will take you to different places

The second resort is perfect for beginners to intermediate skiers and boarders. This mountain is Powder Mountain. This resort is one of the biggest resorts in Utah. It has 8464 acres of skiing area. Doubling Snow Basin. Coleton Vanderbeek, A senior at Ridgeline said, “This is my all-time favorite ski resort. This resort is massive and always has untouched powder.” This mountain is 25% beginner trails ready for those to learn. This resort has earned its name, it is known for getting a lot of snow and only selling a set number of tickets, so that the mountain is never skied out. The other 40 percent of the mountain is intermediate and 35% is advanced. This is a great mountain to learn to ski and also go shred as an expert.