The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

What is Hope Squad

Ridgeline’s Hope Squad is an ever growing suicide prevention group. This group of Ridgeline students strive to put a smile on every student’s face and to share the normalities of struggling with mental illness’. Ellie Rudd, a RHS senior says, “I’ve been a part of Hope Squad since freshman year, being part of this club has been a really important part of my high school experience.” There are many end goals that Hope Squad hopes to achieve including, creating a safe environment at school, promoting a peer-to-peer connection, supporting anti-bullying, encouraging mental wellness, and reducing the mental health stigma of the world today!

Ridgeline’s Hope Squad is run by Bridget Crane, Alex Hansen, Daniel Miller, and Marcy Hansen; however, Hope Squad is a worldwide organization! Started by Dr. Hudnall from Provo Utah; the goals have always been the same, to prevent suicide through public awareness and education. Ridgeline’s hope squad has many fun activities that are open to all students. Ellie Rudd says, “My favorite activity is Hope Week! I love spreading awareness throughout the school.” Throughout the year Ridgeline’s students will see and participate in many Hope Squad activities. Hope week is a week full of activities promoting positivity and awareness. SELFIE week is run by Avri Jackson, a Ridgeline senior; she explains that SELFIE stands for sleep, eat well, light, fun, interaction, exercise. She goes on to say that throughout the week Hope Squad members post online “selfies” promoting a positive atmosphere at Ridgeline. Avri says, “I love Hope Squad, it’s such an amazing group.” Ridgeline’s Hope squad is promoting mental health awareness day by day.