The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

Scholarships for Ceramics

Ridgeline Students enter ceramic art shows to try and earn themselves scholarships for college. Ridgeline has one of the best and strongest ceramic potters in the region. There are kids every year that are entering art shows with their pottery to try and win themselves a scholarship. This year one person that stands out is Willam Nichols. He is one of the best potters at Ridgeline with many more, but something about his work is unique and very outstanding. The pot that he is entering to an art show called Incinca is one of his best pieces of art and it is a really good looking bottle that has a cork in it and a coil of clay going down the body with a really cool design. One time he told me “I love to make pottery for people in my family to use it just is really cool that we can find stuff around the house and make the same thing”

One project of Will’s made for his mother is a set of bottles that he gave to her for Christmas. Will was asked what makes him throw better? His answer, “One thing that really helps me while I throw is simply just listening to music. I throw in an air pod and just start to craft some cool things.” When asked his favorite song, to throw to and he responded, “I like to throw to stuff that is more calm like Zach Bryan is a really good one and also some Bob Marley. Both of these are just classics and simple,[they] just make me a better potter.”