The student news site of Ridgeline High School

RHS News

RHS News

RHS News

BTECH during High School

BTECH is an opportunity for many high school students to grow their potential for future careers. Many students take a BTECH class throughout their high school years. Students can earn credits and get ahead in college while in high school. Although many high school students start programs at BTECh, few finish. Kristen Boug, an instructor over business technologies at BTECH explains, “Over the years the amount of students has increased, however the number of students who have come back has lessened.” High schoolers not return does create some issues for BTECH programs. When programs don’t have students, the program is put on probation. This could eventually result in the program not being offered at all.

Another part of the problem is that High School students get their tuition payed for by their high school; however, students still have to pay for their own books. It wasn’t always like this. Back when BTECH was less common, high schools used to pay your tuition and BTECH provided the books basically making the courses free, said Macy Hall, another instructor at BTECH. But with BTECH growing in popularity they have to have students pay for books.

Some students, like Macy, are returning to BTECH after high school. She says that she loves the fact that she can take Bridgerland classes throughout High School and after she graduated she came back as a full-time student to finish her degree, which saved her a lot of money. She says she was also very impressed with how easy it was to make the decision to continue her education at BTECH.