The Joys of Thanksgiving

Grace Montierth, Writer

Everybody has a favorite part of the school day. For some, it’s going to theatre and being in the spotlight. To someone else, lunch may be that perfect part of the day to sit back and enjoy themselves, making that one the most awaited hour. But for a majority of students here at Ridgeline, the holidays are often the “part of the school day” these students wait for.

Thanksgiving Break was November 21-23 and the students of Ridgeline had a blast! Some people went to Grandma’s house to celebrate this holiday with those they love, while others played basketball or football with their extended family. Sydnee Larsen said, “I went to my Grandma’s house and we had Thanksgiving with her brother and his wife and their kids. And we had a lot of good food.” When she was asked what her favorite food was, Sydnee thought back, smiled and replied, “Stuffing. Stuffing is my favorite!”

Food can bring great joy to some, but others like Hannah Nydegger loves Thanksgiving for the time with family it can bring. Hannah went on to say, “We went to my grandparent’s house and we rented out a church building and we had Thanksgiving dinner. We kind of spent the day together. All of the cousins played football outside in the field by the church. We also drew our Secret Santa names because every year our family does Secret Santa. My little cousins also put on a play for my family and it was a lot of fun.”

Thanksgiving is the time to be thankful for family and friends and enjoy delicious food such as Sydnee’s favorite: stuffing. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Break! Happy Holidays Ridgeline!